DINOSAUR PARTY DECORATIONS & DINOSAUR PARTY FAVORS. EVERYTHING YOU’LL EVER NEEDED TO KNOW.
Your child has decided he/she wants a dinosaur themed birthday party! Now it’s up to you to make it special with dinosaur party decorations.
Following are our ideas for the perfect dinosaur birthday decorations and equally unique dinosaur party favors that will have the whole neighborhood buzzing about your little paleontologist’s birthday party.
There are lots of online stores selling dinosaur birthday decorations and dino place settings that can make your party preparation quick and easy and Google is the perfect place to start.
In this blog we’ll take you on a journey of do-it-yourself options that don’t require any special skills and won’t break the bank. Hint: YouTube has hundreds of videos you can source, but here are some of our favorites: So let’s begin:
You could invest in some dino banners
You could try this: (It’s a great project to do with the kids)
• Draw, trace or print the image of a dinosaur - make it as large or as small as you please.
• Something like this is perfect in any size
• Now decorate it using torn up magazines or other decorative papers & glue, coloring, painting or whatever else you love to do with the kids.
• Using Blu Tack, attach the dinosaur poster to the wall.
If you’re thinking of having a pinata at this party, what could be better than a dinosaur pinata? Lots of fun and this particular one also has a treasure hunt so it really can be the focus of the party with an activity that kids absolutely love.
Use store bought dinosaur shaped helium balloons
• Get some regular balloons
• Fill with helium
• Hang pictures of T-Rex, Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptors and other favorite species from the bottom of the balloon.
The result is a whole herd of dinosaurs floating freely above everyone’s head and for a fraction of the price of the store bought kind!
Decorate your table in dino style.
Purchase a set of dinosaur themed tableware online
• Cover the table with a piece of burlap
• Add leaves and other foliage.
• Place dino stickers on plain white paper cups & plates.
You decide in which direction to take this party decor.
• If you’re too busy or if planning a party makes you stressful - go for the quick and easy decoration route and order online. You and the kids won’t enjoy the party if you’re stressed.
• If you love doing DIY, crafting or just hanging out doing cool stuff with the kids, go for the do-it-yourself option.
• You could, of course, do a combination of both.
Our aim is to help you make the best party for you and your child.
On a side note…
DON’T FORGET THE FOOD
• Kids and adults will love the idea of dino poop cookies (made with Rice Krispies and chocolate).
• Lots of dinosaurs were herbivores so this is an excellent way to get the kids to act like dinosaurs and eat their veggies. You may find that dips help these go down especially well.
• Hard boiled eggs dyed in different colors make the perfect dino eggs.
• Chicken wings can be served up as Pterodactyl wings.
• Pretzels - dino bones.
• Corn chips or nacho chips - dino toe nails.
DINOSAUR PARTY FAVORS
It’s here that we all need some help. Certainly you could buy some bags and fill them with lots of cheap toys and candies all of which may make you somewhat unpopular with the parents of your guests.
You could pop into JitteryGit where you’ll find the most interesting dino favors. They’ll keep your guests entertained at home for hours and you’ll be a favorite among the parents.
For less than $2 each, you can present your little guests with their own dino egg! The little archaeologists will dig into their fossilized eggs and every egg is guaranteed to hatch a dinosaur. Each egg comes with a matching information card and “build-your-dino” supplies.
However you decide to make this party – HAVE FUN!